Instructions for writing your blog posts and making page changes.
- You will need to get a user name. SmartsPro will create one for you. Just tell us the name and email address of the person or person who will be writing blog posts. As soon as we get this information, you will be contacted by your website to validate a user name and password.
- Log in to the administrative part of your website. This will be the name-of-your-website/wp-admin, such as http://www.xyzinsuranceagency/wp-admin.
Posts (if you have a blog):
- Once you’re logged in, click on Posts in the left sidebar. From the sub-menu that appears, click Add New.
- A new post page will open and your cursor will be in the headline box. Write your headline, then proceed to the large box below it and enter your text. Unless you’re going to use HTML, be sure to click on the Visual tab. A toolbox is available in this mode to help you design your text with headlines and text ornamentation, such as bold and italics and other style features.
- When you’re finished, click on the box that says blog in the sidebar on the right in the Categories section; un-click any other pre-selected choices that might already be there. Then click on the Publish button right above the blog checkbox in the sidebar. Once your post is saved, click on the View Post button right below the headline box. Your post will display as it appears to website viewers.
- Return to your editing box by using the backspace arrow in your browser if you want to make changes. Then click the Update button in the right sidebar and check your post again.
- Repeat until you’re satisfied with your post. Happy blogging!
If you want to make changes to a web Page:
- Once you’re logged in, click on Pages in the left sidebar.
- Find the name of the page you want to edit, hover over the title with your mouse and click on edit. The page will open.
- Unless you’re going to use HTML mark up for your edits, be sure to click on the Visual tab located in the upper right corner of the edit box. A toolbox is available in this mode to help you design your text with headlines, text ornamentation such as adding bold and italics and other style features.
- When you’re finished, click on the Publish tab in the right sidebar. Once your page is saved you can click on the View button right below the headline box at the top.
- Return to your editing box if you want to make more changes. Then click the Update button in the right sidebar and check your page again.
- Repeat until you’re satisfied.